Skincare has become very complicated these days due to the increase in the number of skin cancer diseases. The skin cancer is the most common type of cancer today. This means a great deal to dermatologists due to an increasing number of patients in this field. That is why dermatology physicians need to be updated with the latest technological advancements in skin care treatments.
In 2019, the practitioners need to handle both the clinical and business aspects of their practices. That is why it becomes really difficult to operate a dermatology practice these days. These clinical functions include:
- Patient entries
- Imaging and lab tests
- e-prescribing (e-Rx)
- Billings and Human resources etc.
Due to the variety of software in the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems market, it becomes really confusing and difficult to choose a software that meets the requirements of your practice. The work of dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons overlaps in many ways but it is also very different in many ways. So both need to be very careful while choosing their specialty-specific top EMR software.
There are more than 50 Electronic Health Records (EHR) software system vendors who offer dermatology specialty in their software and there are many who focus exclusively on dermatology and have designed a dermatology-specific EMR.
Main Features of Dermatology EMR & EHR Software
It is advisable to learn about the different features and functionalities of the software to have a good understanding of how the software works and what it has to offer. It also helps you narrow down your list of choices before choosing an EHR software. Before choosing a Dermatology EMR software, we should check if the software has the following key features:
- The top Dermatology EMR software must have pre-defined templates that make note-taking very simple and easy. The software should include templates for skin cancer, acne, immune-mediated skin diseases, cosmetic treatments etc.
- The software must feature a custom prescription list. The software should be able to give recommendations to the physicians while they are giving prescriptions.
- The top quality Dermatology EHR should have patient education module. It is to ensure patient satisfaction during their treatment.
- The Dermatology Practice Management (PM) software should also offer graphical charting because graphical documentation of the treatment is very critical and helpful.
Top 5 Dermatology EMR & EHR Software in 2019 by EMRFinder
EMRFinder values its customers and has compiled a list of the 5 best and top-rated Dermatology EHR & EMR software solutions in 2019. The list is solely based on customer reviews and ratings and is as follows: