The use of telemedicine software is growing considerably because of its convenience and creating opportunities to extend healthcare remotely. Telemedicine software includes the functionalities of video consultations, remote evaluations, and virtual monitoring to improve patient outcomes.
Telemedicine EMR software is used by physicians, nurse practitioners, clinical physiologists, and physicians to assist in medication management, virtual treatment, and chronic disease management. In this article, we will share with you the 5 best open source telemedicine EMR software which will provide complete features and tools without a cost. Free does not necessarily mean to compromise on functionality. These telemedicine software platforms will provide patient remote care safely and cost-effectively.
Core Functionalities of a Telemedicine Software
Before the selection of telemedicine software, you should need to know the important tools and features that should be in a top-rated telemedicine EMR software.
- Online Appointment Calendar
- Online Video Sessions
- Intuitive Dashboard
- Technical Assistance
- Safe Document Sharing
- HD Video Quality
- HIPAA Compliance
- Reporting and Analytics
Now let’s look at the 5 best free telemedicine software options that are suitable and provide opportunities to connect with the patient remotely and effectively.
- Intelehealth Telemedicine EMR Software – The open-source telemedicine software helps local health workers in rural areas to provide treatment to patients in their communities. The telemedicine software system includes a robust mobile app for healthcare providers with cloud-based EMR software. Intelehealth platform allows easy transmission of medical data to remote doctors and facilitates data reporting. Video resources feature like counseling and patient education helps to improve the treatment process.
- me Telemedicine EMR Software – The cloud-based telemedicine software allows physicians to connect with their patients through audio and video conferencing. Other key features of Doxy.me include group calls, screen sharing, and image capturing and transmission. Physicians can also use the live chat feature to communicate with their patients. Virtual waiting rooms can also be customized by inserting texts, videos, and photographs.
- VSee Telemedicine EMR Software – VSee is a cloud-based telemedicine software platform that lets physicians easily share documents and medical reports during the virtual session. Patient self-scheduling and virtual waiting rooms are other functionalities of the software system. The setup process is easy and the telemedicine software is intuitive and easy to use.
- GoTelecare Telemedicine EMR Software – GoTelecare is a HIPAA Compliant telemedicine software platform which allows effective remote communication via video conferencing facility. In has built-in EMR and medical billing software capabilities. Its implementation is easy and requires minimum to zero expenses. The software system is easily customizable to the physician’s needs.
- chARMHealth Telemedicine EMR Software – chARMHealth is a telemedicine software solution that facilitates online web-based appointment scheduling for hospitals and clinics. The software offers a safe and HIPAA Compliant platform that stores and transfers all data securely. The telemedicine software can seamlessly integrate with other tools to enhance functionality and can manage the entire workflow of the OPD and the clinic. Real-time video consultations help to connect with patients in rural areas and extend care remotely.
The above-mentioned telemedicine software solutions offer all-inclusive functionalities without having to compromise on features. Most of these solutions can be easily implemented without a cost giving benefits to both the practitioner and the patient.