Today’s patients want convenience when it comes to healthcare services. One of the main influences of high patient satisfaction is the ability to schedule appointments in a breeze. Therefore, hospitals and healthcare organizations must offer the facility of online patient scheduling EMR software. A robust patient scheduling software helps to combat the issue of patient no-shows. Patient no-shows are a grave issue faced by the healthcare sector as it has caused hundreds of billions of dollars in losses to the healthcare system. 85% of Americans own a smartphone, so it only makes sense to offer a patient scheduling platform so patients can easily book appointments without having to call the clinic.
What is patient scheduling EMR software?
A patient scheduling software is a system that is leveraged by healthcare providers to automate and streamline the patient appointment process. The software offers features that help to coordinate doctor availability and patient requests for bookings.
Key features to look in a patient scheduling software
A top patient scheduling EMR software offers the following tools and functionalities to meet customer needs and simplify the scheduling process.
- Integration options with other software systems such as EHR Software and Practice Management (PM) Software.
- Two-way calendar sync.
- Payment options.
- Automatic alerts and reminders.
- User-friendly interface.
- Appointment waitlist.
Advantages of patient scheduling EMR Software
A powerful patient scheduling software has benefits for both patients and medical practices.
- Helps to reduce patient wait times – Patients feel annoyed waiting at the doctor’s office and as many as 30% of patients have stopped using the provider’s office because of long wait times. The modern technology of patient scheduling software system helps to improve efficiency levels and reduce wait times. Patients can virtually book appointments at any time of the day.
- Optimize the workflow – Patient scheduling automation helps to enhance patient visit planning and optimize administrative workflows.
- Combat the issue of no-shows – The alerts feature in the scheduling software helps to remind patients about their upcoming appointments. Patients book appointments beforehand and can therefore forget about them. The software sends automatic reminders to patients before their appointment so they don’t miss them. Practices also benefit from the alerts feature as the revenue stream is maintained.
- Enhances patient experience – Patients feel empowered as the scheduling software gives them the authority to book appointments even when the medical practice is closed. When patients have more control over the scheduling process they feel satisfied and in turn benefits practices as the chances of rescheduling appointments are reduced.
The patient scheduling EMR software technology is a great solution to better serve patients and improve staff productivity as they can focus on other patient services. The administrative burden can be alleviated for enhanced efficiency levels.