We understand that dealing with a number of complex challenges daily such as non-compliance, data breaching, confidentiality, and complex long-term treatment plans makes a selection of a mental and behavioral health EMR Software for your practice a high-risk decision. One right choice can make all the difference in improving the efficiency of your practice.
Most standalone Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Software (both cloud-based and premise-based) has an extent to which they can support functionalities such as e-payment, ICD-10 coding, claims submission, and RCM. One of the major problems is physicians settling for any medical-oriented EMR Software because of either budget constraints or lack of knowledge about the available customizable choices designed to suit the unique specialty-specific needs. Resulting in you ending up with a no-good robust EMR Software too expensive and not entirely suited to your practice’s unique needs.
Main Features of Mental & Behavioral Health EMR & EHR Software
It is advisable to learn about the different features and functionalities of the software to have a good understanding of how the software works and what it has to offer. It also helps you narrow down your list of choices before choosing an EHR software. Before choosing a mental and behavioral health EMR software, look for the following key features:
- Top mental and behavioral health EHR software should be HIPPA compliant and Meaningful Use 2 certified
- e-prescribing module should be robust enough to provide controlled substance prescriptions along with conventional patient prescriptions
- Lab integration for getting quick and efficient lab results and sharing with other healthcare providers under all the data sharing compliance requirements
- Mental and behavioral health specialty-specific flexible charting styles should be available to provide the best possible care to the variety of patients
- The patient portal should be user-friendly and able to automatically schedule/re-schedule appointments and reminders for patients
- Hands-free notes ideally through dictation should be available to allow better patient engagement
- Availability of Mental and Behavioral Health Patient Intake Forms which should provide assessments through measuring scales (e.g. Sadness Scale) and other risk factors (e.g. being suicidal)
- Pre-programmed buttons for simple note taking minimizing the need for typing so that the physician could focus more on the patient than on notes taking
- Robust Medication management should notify in case of harmful drug interaction
Top 5 Mental and Behavioral Health EMR & EHR Software in 2019 by EMRFinder
EMRFinder values its customers and has compiled a list of the 5 best and top-rated Mental and Behavioral Health EHR & EMR software solutions in 2019. The list is solely based on customer reviews and ratings and is as follows: