In the past few years, there has been a huge revolution in the healthcare industry. The medical segment is constantly being invaded by health information technologies (IT), serving physicians by giving rise to new innovative digital devices and systems – The Electronic Medical Software (EMR) is the latest of these innovations and is being used by medical professionals throughout the world.
What is the need for an EMR software in the healthcare industry?
The use of paper-based medical records in now coming to a complete end, as it is being replaced by EMR systems. This change in the medical industry has been justified by number of advantages it offers. A few of these benefits are described below:
Eradication of paper records
Noting down the patients’ health records of paper is time consuming, illegible, unprofessional to be shared with different physicians and providers, costly to store and copy, and have a higher chance of being lost or destroyed.
Improved productivity and competence
The EMR systems help improve and enhance workflow and office productivity. They ensure easy and simple storage of data and sensitive personal medical information of the patients, and eliminate duplication of tests, and save over 13% cost of testing.
Safety of patients and better care
Factors like, clear notes with reduced duplication, easy scheduling and reminders, and efficient access over the information at anytime from anywhere help Electronic Medical Record software ensure patient safety and provide quality healthcare.
Benefits of EMR Software to patients
- Improved and timely diagnosis, with quality treatment which ensures safety and better health of the patients
- Error free medical history
- Enhanced and perfect decision making which provides faster care
How medical practices are benefited by EMR systems
- Fast and easy transfer of patients’ medical records among various departments and physicians
- All the data at one secure place, reducing storage space
- Digitalized health records help physicians see more number of patients
- The care of patients is improved by error-free documentation
- Saves your costs and a lot of time
- Efficient and advanced electronic billing and prescribing processes
- Accurate billing ensures better collection and improved bottom line
Which clinical advantages lead to increased adoption of EMR systems?
Following clinical advantages have led to an increased adoption of Electronic Medical Record software:
- Huge paper based medical records that are very hard to maintain have now been eliminated
- Simple, easy, and efficient access to clinical information
- Consistent and fluent work flow
- Better support for making huge decisions
- Constant interaction with other practices, hospitals and pharmacies