As the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world the healthcare sector started finding out innovative ways to reach out to patients remotely. Virtual care is when providers and patients connect through digital devices and tools to communicate effectively remotely. In virtual care, practitioners may use the Telemedicine EMR Software platform, real-time audio, video, and two-way messaging to stay in touch with their patients to provide continued care. The virtual care platform can be used effectively to monitor patient vitals after a surgery, answer any questions about diagnosis, and provide quick treatment to patients without having to leave their homes.
How does the virtual care platform harness positive outcomes?
Life-saving care can be offered to patients in a matter of a few minutes through the virtual care platform and telemedicine solution. It is revolutionizing healthcare services by making it possible for patients to receive timely care remotely. Patients now prefer virtual care solutions because of convenience and lower costs.
- Patients can easily schedule virtual appointments – Patients can book telemedicine appointments in a breeze with their healthcare provider. The convenient platform allows patients to see specialists such as therapists, cardiologists, skin specialists, and primary healthcare providers.
- Lower the risk of transmitting viruses – Virtual healthcare platform is seen as a safe way for both patients and doctors. The in-person contact is reduced between patients and providers when audio consultations and sessions are booked. During the pandemic hospitals and governments, both saw the benefits of using digital health technologies to provide remote care to populations. With the Omicron variant healthcare organizations are continuing to offer telehealth sessions to protect everyone from the contagious virus.
- Improved care delivery access – Providers can use the telemedicine platform to reach larger population groups even in remote areas or patients located in the outskirts. The requirements for virtual care are not complicated and only require a stable internet facility and a smartphone. There can be increased access to specialists who may be out of reach for patients residing in the suburbs. In the rural areas there are about 40 healthcare providers for every 100,000 patients, notes the National Rural Health Association. The use of virtual care solutions can give actual access to more providers which can drive positive patient outcome levels.
- Helps keep patients involved in their healthcare process – The virtual care platform helps patients to take a part in their healthcare plan as they can easily connect with their provider at any time. Patients can manage their healthcare conditions through telehealth applications. The platform empowers patients to monitor their health and keep their providers updated with real-time data which improves personal health in the long run.
- Better health – When patients can communicate with their doctor without any barriers and get quick treatment without having to leave their homes or office they can practice a better lifestyle. They can manage chronic and underlying health conditions proactively.
The virtual healthcare platform has transformed the way hospitals and healthcare systems operate. By leveraging virtual care technology like telemedicine and telehealth patients will feel connected with their health which can positively influence outcome levels. If practices haven’t considered using digital health and virtual tools then it’s time to consider as the benefits are no secret to anyone. Digital technology can bring about a productive change in your workflows and offer high-quality care to patients.