The COVID-19 pandemic has altered the healthcare landscape by bringing telemedicine to the forefront. Telemedicine EMR Software is now a major part of the patient care model. Patients prefer going to healthcare providers that offer virtual care solutions. More than 50% of healthcare organizations in the US offer a telehealth program which has enhanced the quality of patient care.
Benefits of using a telemedicine software
By leveraging telemedicine EMR software both patients and healthcare providers can benefit greatly. It’s no surprise that the telemedicine industry is growing rapidly.
- Greater access to medical specialists.
- Conveniently receive care from the comfort of homes.
- Lower costs.
- Providers can see more patients in a day hence increasing the revenue stream.
- Reduced exposure to viruses.
- Prompt care can be delivered irrespective of location.
- Increased medical access for patients residing in rural areas.
- Reduced patient wait times.
- Increase in the number of patients receiving care.
- Improved health.
- Prompt access to care.
5 Telemedicine EMR software trends to lookout
- Patients are willing to use virtual care solutions again – Scheduling a telemedicine appointment is easy and patients love the ease of receiving treatment through HD sessions over smartphones or laptops. The telemedicine platform is being used by all generations and the majority say that they plan to use telehealth again in 2022.
- Insurers will include virtual care or telemedicine into the patient care plans – Insurers can also not ignore the benefits of telemedicine software solutions. Health insurance companies such as United Healthcare and Aetna have incorporated virtual care plans offering a cost-effective way to access primary healthcare. Healthcare providers are now moving towards the value-based care model.
- More medical specialties will embrace the robust telemedicine platform – Telehealth is expected to expand into new specialties. Specialties such as pediatrics, primary care, mental health, dermatology, and oncology have seen the advantages of effective telemedicine sessions. Many medical specialties are using telemedicine EMR software for follow-up care as well.
- Providers can have more time with the patient – Telemedicine was seen as an impersonal way of connecting with the patient but now the notion has changed. Providers can have direct one-on-one with their patients. At the clinic, the physician has to spend time charting as they are examining the patient.
- Telemedicine will play a vital role in combatting provider shortages – It is estimated that there will be a shortage of between 37,800 and 124,000 clinicians in the US according to the Association of American Medical Colleges. Telehealth will play a crucial role in addressing the physician shortage to ensure that everyone receives timely care.
It only makes sense to invest in a good telemedicine EMR software solution that offers features that can be customizable according to different needs. The platform should be user-friendly so patients are comfortable using it to their maximum benefit.