Health is wealth, we all know that and in this article, we will talk about how your smartphone can actually get smart by improving your health. Among millions of smartphone apps, there are online medical apps that are actually beneficial for your health and improve your daily wellness routine. There are apps for online appointment scheduling, apps for medication reminders, and apps for tracking fitness activity.
Personal Health Medical Apps
The mobile health and medical app market is growing over the past few years. There are over 318,000 health apps available in app stores worldwide. These online medical apps can either be telemedicine apps, health management apps, and general health apps. All these online mobile health apps help us to live healthier and improve our overall well-being.
Let’s look at the 5 best and most popular online medical apps that increase convenience for patients and provides ease of data collection to healthcare providers.
- PatientKeeper – PatientKeeper is developed by Epic Systems a popular software company in the USA. This app helps healthcare providers and clinicians to access patient’s clinical data through either Apple or Android devices. Providers can access medical history, vitals, prescriptions, and lab results in a breeze. The PatientKeeper app certainly makes it easier for health professionals to collect and retrieve data from patients. This data is crucial to improve patient outcomes.
- Maple – Maple is a telemedicine app which allows users and patients to have access to doctors at any time and from anywhere. This app is extremely convenient for patients as they don’t have to wait in the waiting room and simply have a session with their physician from the comfort of their homes. Patients can easily log into the app from their smartphones and get a complete diagnosis and a treatment plan from their clinician. Getting care remotely has never been so easy!
- ZocDoc – The robust app makes life easier for users, they can find a doctor using their current location in just a matter of a click. ZocDoc eliminates the hassle of making an appointment. Patients can book their appointments online without having to wait or hold. Patient reviews are also available for healthcare providers which helps the potential patient in choosing their doctor and gain the right confidence. ZocDoc is free for both Android and Apple users. The app also sends appointment reminders to patients so they don’t miss out on their virtual session.
- Talkspace – Talkspace is an online therapy platform that has 2,000 licensed therapists to help individuals with depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues. A patient can get unlimited counseling through video, audio, and messaging throughout the week with a payment of $49. The app is free for iPhone and Android users and is trusted by thousands of users. The app is a great choice especially during the pandemic as more and more people are going through depression by staying indoors and accepting the new normal.
- CareConnect – If you’re a parent the last thing you want is getting your toddler or baby sick and taking them to the pediatrician and waiting for long hours in the waiting room can be quite dreadful with a sick baby. CareConnect aims to solve this very problem by offering round the clock sessions with pediatric experts to get the right care from their homes. Parents can easily get help related to their child’s cough, fever, cold, flu, stomach issues, and insect bites and rashes. The app allows parents to schedule specialist appointments through live video chat.
Whether you are a health care provider or a patient these health apps certainly make life easier and helps you to get care immediately. If you don’t have one of these apps, it’s time to download them to get virtual care and help monitor your health conditions from home.